Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mothering Amongst Current Events

I know it's been a long, long while since I've posted here. The holidays attacked and my capacity for finding relevant stories was diminished. But I'm back (especially since a blog friend listed this as one of my current blogs. Don't want to let anyone down). So I had to pick a good one. I Googled "Gaza mother" since things have literally blown up over there and surely there are human interest stories being written about women surviving and nurturing children in the chaos. I found a blog written by a Palestinian mother and journalist who lives in Gaza and the States. She has been writing since 2004 about her experiences as a Muslim woman, mother and journalist. Admittedly it's one side of the story. But for Americans, who generally have no idea what happens beyond the Atlantic and Pacific, this offers a real and human insight into an ongoing historical feud.

No comments: